Team Coaching & Facilitation
I work with leaders and their teams to strengthen and focus team performance in support of their most important issues. Issues I am most often asked to help teams address include:
Strengthening relationships and resolving conflict-within the team, between the team and its leader, with key influencers and collaborators outside the team.
Focussing the team on its prime objective-uniting a team around its most important collective objective (rather than fragmentation around individual goals)
Team performance-establishing shared mindset values and objectives. Increasing team output and results-and working and meeting effectively together.
Overcoming Team Setbacks-failure, poor management, ill health, lack of trust.
New directions-successfully changing team culture, vision, strategy, and direction.
My approach-Working with teams
• I work in a challenging but supportive way with my clients, co-creating our work together and never forgetting that I are working with senior professionals who know the answers to the issues they face but who have asked for skilled support and a process in which they can fully explore and discover them.
• I do not “apply a process model” to the teams and individuals I work with but aim to enable powerful conversations from which work gets progressed and real-world results achieved. All my work is therefore “bespoke”. I work with whatever emerges in the room on the day.
• I share relevant information, models and examples that support the goals of my clients as necessary-but clients should expect to spend the great majority of our time together addressing their actual organisational goals and developing the relationships with colleagues that are always necessary to deliver them.
• I commit to always modelling the open, honest, mature, and collaborative behaviours that I commend to our clients in support of achieving results through productive relationships.
• While I encourage the sometimes-challenging levels of openness and honesty between colleagues needed for getting results that last-my core value of respect for people means that individual dignity is always maintained.
• I believe that the greatest opportunities for the improvement of performance lie in understanding and utilising individual and team strengths, and while not ignoring weaknesses, focus there and invite my clients to do the same.
• I continually review any process we have embarked on with our clients to ensure that it is delivering the required results.
Quality coaching processes
With every coaching assignment clients can expect
• The co-creation of written goals and success criteria for each topic raised-so as to be able to define success and measure progress to the results along the way
• Face to face, video or telephone sessions as preferred for 90 minutes-typically six in number spread over weeks or months depending on the issue
• Follow up work and ideas to implement between coaching sessions
• Starting, middle and ending progress reviews and evaluation throughout the coaching process for both the client and their line manager (where appropriate).
• Final evaluation and provision of further development plan where required